The Plenum extends its loyalty and profound gratitude to the most reverent Preah Karuna Preah Bat Samdech Preah Borom Neat Norodom Sihamoni, King of Cambodia, to Preah Karuna, the Heroic King Farther of Independence, Territorial Integrity and National Unity, and to Preah Moha Ksatrei, the Heroic Queen Mother of Freedom, Dignity and Happiness, and wish them good health, intelligence and long lives so as to provide lasting and cool shade for every Cambodians.
The Plenum proceeded with spirit of responsibility in accordance with the Party’s statute and internal regulation, and discussed and adopted the “Report on the Party’s 2009 Situation and Works and Its Objectives for 2010-2011,” with important points listed here below:
1. The Plenum assesses national situation in all aspects while taking note with pride of achievements in all fields that the Party has realized for the nation over the past more than one year, for instance, the guaranteeing of peace, political stability, security and social order, the strengthening and expanding of people’s defense foundation, the fruitful implementation of the state reforms, and the strive to maintain macroeconomic stability and improving people’s livelihood in the context of impacts from world financial crisis and economic downturn. At the same time, the national prestige has been raised high in the international arena. These valuable achievements have clearly shown that the Kingdom of Cambodia is steadfastly marching on the right path of liberal and pluralistic democracy, while consolidating its foundation for the continuation of national development in 2010 and the years to come.
2. The Plenum fully endorses efforts by the Royal Government of Cambodia under the leadership of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen in continuing to implement its political platform and the Rectangular Strategy - Phase II aimed at realizing four objectives of priorities, i.e. guaranteeing peace, political stability, security and social order, driving for sustainably high economic growth, alleviating poverty and bettering provision of public services. To achieve these objectives, the Plenum supports efforts to strengthen policies and measures in implementing laws on forest management, fisheries, fight against corruption, land and its related policies, while managing and preserving sustainable environmental and natural resources.
3. The Plenum expresses its respect to the heroism of national armed forces in fulfilling the tasks of defending our fatherland with braveness, and to the profound patriotism of our people of all strata, who have actively taken parts in the field of national defense. The Plenum endorses measures taken by the Royal Government in firmly building and strengthening the people’s defense foundation, and advancing energetic border area development. The Plenum endorses continuing efforts for completing border demarcation with Vietnam and Laos within the agreed-upon timeframe, while vehemently condemning anyone action that is violating the law and/or aimed at obstructing and ruining the work. At the same time, the Plenum endorses search for solution on border issue with Thailand by peaceful means and on judicial basis, international laws, relevant documents and good neighborly spirit aimed at building a border of peace, friendship, cooperation and development between the two countries.
4. The Plenum examines and evaluates the Party’s building and strengthening works and its successes in the May-17-2009 elections of the first-term councils of capital, provinces, cities, districts/Khans, while putting out directives in continuing to build and strengthen the Party, to strengthen democratically sub-national level management, as well as to be prepared for coming elections.
5. The Plenum affirms the position of the Cambodian People’s Party in continuing to strengthen cooperation with political parties and patriotic circles in the society, where national interest will be supreme and principle of democracy will be observed so as to join forces to continue to maintain social achievements and to further develop the country.
6. The Plenum reaffirms its endorsement of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen’s candidacy for the post of Prime Minister for the next terms.
7. The Plenum would like to avail itself of this opportunity to express profound respect and gratitude to our people from all corners of the country and abroad for provision of greatest supports to the Cambodian People’s Party, thus enabling the Party to achieve further successes in serving our nation and people. At the same time, the Plenum expresses profound thanks to friendly countries, near and far, as well as international community, who have been providing valuable assistances for the sake of Cambodian development.
8. The Plenum appeals to all working groups of the Central Committee and all–level Party’s committees and their members to continue to strengthen solidarity and unity around the Central Committee, while strictly adhering to the Party’s principles, staying close to and performing good actions with the people, and making efforts to fulfill the Party’s tasks. Also, the Plenum urges the whole fellow-citizen to continue to unite in one voice and to actively participate in implementing the political platform of the Royal Government so as to realize further achievements in the process of construction and defense of the fatherland.
Phnom Penh, July 22, 2010